Monday, October 24, 2022

The Devil Keeps Pounding

 The Devil keeps pounding....

        Bang, Bang, Bang

    Outside my front door.


Determine, very determine

         To dominate

    My mind, body, and soul


Will not settle for less 

        and will not go


Oh, God! 

    Dear God, I need

            help, Please!

                          Help!


Tired of his constant 

    pounding 

            pounding 

    outside my front door


(My door keeps shaking....

    rattle, rattle by the force)


Never letting up


When I need:

        quiet,

            solitude,

                and peace more


Dear God, 

    I'm weary,

            weary,

                so very weary


Have a mind to give in

    and let him win


Oh, God....

    my hand is touching

            touching 

the knob of my front door.


Turning, turning,

    slowly turning,

        I'm giving in...


Suddenly an angel appears

    and steadies my hand


"Hold, dear child,

        don't give in,

        I know you are tired.


I am here now.

        I will be your strength

                and your shield.


With me at your side

        the Devil

        the Devil

           will not win."


Can you not hear him out there?

So persistent with his pounding....

        Bang, Bang, Bang


It's just a matter of time

    before he breaks down

         all my barriers

            opens my door

                walks right in and

                    gains his reward.


"Dear child, who, with so little faith.

        Do you not know

        who stands by you?


I am who I am,

    the Blessed Son of Our Father

        your Holy Brother

            the Holy Spirit 

                to your soul.


Do you doubt my abilities

        to put the Devil

            the Devil

        in his rightful place?"


Forgive me brother,

    I have sinned

        for losing my faith.


The Devil's persistence

    is taking its toll.


"Dear child, forgiveness and 

        grace is what I bring.


I say it again.


I give you, my strength.

    I will be your shield

        and the Devil will not win.


He will not dare or

        he will feel my wrath.


I will give him another moment

    to feel my presence.


I tell you,

    he will 

        turn and hide."


Thank you, brother,

    for coming to my aid.


My will and faith

        were standing

               standing

        on shaky ground.


When the Devil

        appeared outside

            my front door.


"That is how you encourage

        the Devil to come.


He senses week spirits

    and comes knocking 

        knocking

    at their doors.


To tempt week spirits

        to join his ranks by:

            Telling lies,

                Promising empty promises and

                    uses your dreams against you.

                        That's how the devil works.


So, when your will and faith are shaken:

Read your Bible

Say a prayer or two, and

Keep me in your view


Then the Devil won't

    come bothering you"


            Listen....


No more pounding

        no more rattling

            I think he is gone.


Let me go check

(I peek out, just behind my door)


Finally,

    Finally

        he is gone


(I breathe in a big sigh of relief)


Thank you, brother,

        for saving me


I will heed your Words and

    work extra hard in

        fortifying my faith


Never again,

    did the Devil 

            the Devil comes 

            pounding at my door

No comments:

Post a Comment